If you need assistance, please call 702-476-0060

Benefits of reducing homes by 20%

Thursday, December 23, 2021   /   by Ken Couture

Benefits of reducing homes by 20%

Benefits of reducing homes by 20%.png
When you're thinking of buying a home, you're probably thinking about saving a down payment. Is it 20% of the purchase price or will you lie down? Although there are down payment programs that allow qualified buyers to deposit only 3.5%, it is important to understand the many benefits of receiving a 20% down payment. 
 
There are four reasons why reducing 20% ??is a great option if it works within your budget. 

1. Your interest rate can below 
 
A 20% down payment and a 35% down payment show the lender that you are more financially stable and do not have significant credit risk. The more certain your lender is about your creditworthiness and the ability to pay your loan, the lower the mortgage rate they are willing to give you. 

2. You will pay less for your home 
 
The higher the down payment, the smaller the mortgage loan amount. If you can pay 20% of the cost of your new home at the start of the transaction, you will only pay the remaining 80% interest. If you deposit 5%, an additional 15% will be added to the loan and you will earn interest over time. This will cost you more for the life of your mortgage. 

3. Your offer stands out in a highly competitive market 
 
In markets where many buyers are competing for the same home, sellers often want to bid with a down payment of 20% or more. In this scenario, the seller gains the same confidence as the lender. You are considered a strong buyer with funding that is likely to be approved. Therefore, it is more likely that the transaction will be completed. 
 
4. No need to pay personal mortgage insurance (PMI) 
 
What is PMI? According to Freddie Mac: 

"If the homeowner spends less than 20% and less than 20%, Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) protects the lender if the mortgage cannot be paid. Homeowners insurance. 
 
It's not the same as homeowners insurance. This is a monthly fee that is added to your mortgage payment and is required if your mortgage is less than 20%. .. Once you have built 20% equity in your home, you can cancel your PMI and remove these costs from your monthly payments. %. PMI helps them regain their investment in you when you can't pay the loan. If you have a deposit of 20% or more, you do not need this insurance. 
 
In many cases, homeowners looking to move to a larger or more expensive home can use the equity gained from selling their home to invest 20% in the next home. With the stocks homeowners have today, there is a great opportunity to invest their savings in a larger down payment for a new home. If you're thinking of buying a home, you're probably wondering what to save for a down payment. Is it 20% of the purchase price or will you lie down? Although there are down payment programs that allow qualified buyers to deposit only 3.5%, it is important to understand the many benefits of receiving a 20% down payment. 
 
There are four reasons why a 20% reduction is a good option if it works within your budget. 

1. Your interest rate can below 
 
A 20% down payment and a 35% down payment indicate that the lender is financially stable and has little credit risk. The more certain your lender is about your creditworthiness and the ability to pay your loan, the lower the mortgage rate they are willing to give you. 

2. You will pay less for your home 
 
The higher the down payment, the smaller the mortgage loan amount. If you can pay 20% of the cost of your new home at the start of the transaction, you will only pay the remaining 80% interest. If you deposit 5%, an additional 15% will be added to the loan and you will earn interest over time. This will cost you more for the life of your mortgage. 

3. Your offer stands out in a highly competitive market 
 
In markets where many buyers are competing for the same home, sellers often want to bid with a down payment of 20% or more. In this scenario, the seller gains the same confidence as the lender. You are considered a strong buyer with funding that is likely to be approved. Therefore, it is more likely that the transaction will be completed. 
 
4. No need to pay personal mortgage insurance (PMI) 
 
What is PMI? According to Freddie Mac: 

"If the homeowner spends less than 20% and less than 20%, Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) protects the lender if the mortgage cannot be paid. Homeowners insurance. 
 
It's not the same as homeowners insurance. This is a monthly fee that is added to your mortgage payment and is required if your mortgage is less than 20%. .. Once you have built 20% equity in your home, you can cancel your PMI and remove these costs from your monthly payments. %. PMI helps them regain their investment in you when you can't pay the loan. If you have a deposit of 20% or more, you do not need this insurance. 
 
In many cases, homeowners looking to move to a larger or more expensive home can use the equity gained from selling their home to invest 20% in the next home. The fairness that homeowners have today gives them a great opportunity to turn their savings into one.



Follow us on:

FB: Ken Couture Realty Your Home Sold Guaranteed

IG: @kencouturerealtylv

Twitter: Ken Couture

Pinterest: Ken Couture

LinkedIn: Ken Couture Your Home Sold Guaranteed

 

Contact us at:

Ken@CoutureRealtyLV.com

702-476-0060

Couture Realty
Ken Couture
8367 W Flamingo Rd Suite 101
Las Vegas, NV 89147
702-476-0060

UP5DB701E1507748.jpgThe data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the INTERNET DATA EXCHANGE Program of the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® MLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than this site owner are marked with the IDX logo. The information being provided is for the consumers' personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. GLVAR MLS deems information reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright 2022 of the Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS® MLS. All rights reserved.
This site powered by CINC: www.cincpro.com