Wednesday, July 22, 2015 / by Ken Couture
When you are moving into your new home, you will remember the big things, like a bed or refrigerator. It’s the little things that get lost in the hustle and bustle of moving and excitement. If you take care of the little things on your list, it will be much easier to settle in and not have a last minute run to the store in the middle of something important.
Wooden spoons, spatula
Measuring cups and spoons
· Living Room
New wall décor
Full length mirror
Shower curtain and rings
· Laundry Room
Iron and ironing board
· General household items
First aid kit
Flashlight and spare batteries
Ten things to do when you move into a new home
1. Change your address
2. Transfer or shut off and turn on your utilities
3. Emergency kit
4. Find the main breaker box
5. Know where water shut-off valves
6. Test smoke detectors
7. Emergency exits and plan
8. Ensure your street number is visible
9. Change the locks
10. Update your driver's license, registration and voter registration
These tips will help as you are moving in, but the first night you plan to stay in your new house there are some things you want to make sure you have on hand to make the first days less stressful.
· Paper plates and plastic utensils
· Overnight bags for each family member- a favorite item, change of clothes and PJs, toothbrush and sippy cups or bottles.
· Any prescription medication and OTC items for emergencies
· Sleeping bags or bedding if beds are set up
· Carry out or deli food and snacks
· Bottled water or a Brita pitcher until you know your water is working and safe
Moving into a new home is a wonderful thing. Making it less stressful with a few easy tips is the icing on the cake. I hope these tips help. When you are ready to buy or sell, visit my website or call me direct Ken Couture, 702-610-6247.